This party must have been a blast. I bet things got really weird as far as robot sounds go. Joachim Garraud threw this party as a celebration of a year anniversary of his Space Invaders forum, and let everyone in his forum virtually attend via live stream. I’d venture to say this was a revolutionary concept at the time, although I’m not sure exactly how long ago this took place. You’ll notice, however, Joachim mentions this is the first time SHM played together outside of Sweden, so that should give you a good frame of reference. Love the shots of the sound and lighting guys freaking out before the show starts trying to figure out how to cram all that wattage into such a tiny space. Check Axwell and Prydz singing happy birthday to Joachim in their native tongue at 6:50. Absolute legends.
YES! Thank you Axwell for this beautiful radio edit and thanks to Zane Lowe for playing it on BBC Radio 1. I’m verrrry excited to see the direction Axwell takes now that SHM is no more. I got my fingers crossed for less bangers like ‘Resurrection‘, and more jams like this one. Not saying I don’t like the hard stuff, I just want the Axwell of old back. You know, the one who was responsible for epic throwbacks like ‘Feel The Vibe‘ and ‘Watch The Sunrise‘. Can’t get over how good this song is though, gonna be a summer anthem for sure.
This is long overdue, but definitely worth the wait. This is my second deep mix. I included some of the best deep house tracks of the year, some classic funky electronic tracks, obviously some pryda, and a few deeper cuts. For those of you who enjoy the deeper vibes, layered melodies, funky baselines, and soulful vocals, this one is for you.
Welcome to the after-party.
Queen – Bohemian Rhapsody (TJR Bootleg) Isaac Tichauer – I Forgive You (Original Mix) Kink – Bitter Sweet (Original Mix) Lindstrom – Eg-ged-osis (Todd Terje Extended Edit) Flashmob – The Need In Me (Original Mix) Nicone – Why (Monte Remix) Tube & Berger – Surfin (NiCe7 Remix) Scuba – Hardbody Amine Edge – Yeah (Original Mix) Arco – Where You At (Original Mix) Finnebassen – You’re Not Cool Enough (Original Mix) Pryda – Reeperbahn (Original Mix) Pryda – RYMD (Original Mix) TEED – Your Love (Waze & Odyssey Remix) Amtrac – Those Days (Viceroy Remix) Shadow Child – So High (Hot Since 82 Remix) Jaytech – Endy (Original Mix) Live Element – Be Free (Oliver Remix) Disco Ensemble – Second Soul (Lenno & Jesse Oliver Remix) And 3 classics for shits and gigs… Axwell – Nothing But Love (Classic Mix) Yeah Yeah Yeahs – Heads Will Roll (A-Trak Remix) Oliver – Dirty Talk (Original Mix)
For more free mixes, edits, bootlegs, etc…visit my Soundcloud page.
The latest release on Axtone records hit Beatport today. It’s simply incredible. The vocals are beautiful and the synth work is out of this world…it’s DubVision on the remix, so that’s a given. Swedish House Mafia has been playing their stuff for over a year, namely “All By Myself,” which equally fantastic. That’s good enough for me. Anyways, this song will definitely hit the Beatport top 10 at some point. I suggest you stop listening to me ramble and buy this shit immediately. This is easily the biggest track progressive track out right now….besides Mr. Prydz that is…sorry I’m biased. All in all, respect to DubVision. If you aren’t familiar with them, you have some serious issues…one being, not enough AYNE. They are a Dutch duo who produce “a combination of emotional, euphoric and organic influencens all merging into one ‘in your face, hands in the air’ style of music.”
More info on the upcoming tour to come soon. The corresponding soundtrack, “Until Now” is obviously going to massive. The compilation album will features some of their recent hits like “Antidote” and “Don’t You Worry Child,” as well as some of their favorite tracks to play live. See what the full tracklist looks like below.
01. Swedish House Mafia – Greyhound
02. Hard Rock Sofa & Swanky Tunes – Here We Go
03. Ivan Gough & Feenixpawl feat. Georgi Kay – In My Mind (Axwell Remix)
04. Sebastian Ingrosso & Alesso feat. Ryan Tedder – Calling (Lose My Mind)
05. Nari & Milani – Atom / Axwell, Ingrosso, Angello & Laidback Luke – Leave The World Behind
06. Swedish House Mafia vs. Knife Party – Antidote
07. Dirty South & Those Usual Suspects feat. Erik Hecht – Walking Alone w/ Swedish House Mafia vs. Tinie Tempah – Miami 2 Ibiza
08. Michael Calfan – Resurrection (Axwell mix) w/ Coldplay – Paradise
09. Miike Snow – The Wave (Thomas Gold remix)
10. Steve Aoki feat. Wynter Gordon – Ladi Dadi (Tommy Trash remix) w/ Thomas Gold – Sing 2 Me w/ Red Carpet – Alright
11. Pendulum – The Island (Steve Angello, AN21 & Max Vangeli remix)
12. Steve Angello & Third Party – Lights
13. Alesso – Raise Your Head w/ Sandro Silva & Quintino – Epic
14. Hardwell – Three Triangles w/ Arty, Matisse & Sadko – Trio / Adrian Lux – Teenage Crime
15. Sebastian Ingrosso & Tommy Trash – Reload
16. Usher – Euphoria (Swedish House Mafia Extended Dub)
17. Swedish House Mafia feat. John Martin – Don’t You Worry Child
18. M-3ox feat. Heidrun – Beating Of My Heart (Matisse & Sadko Remix) w/ The Temper Trap – Sweet Disposition
19. Coldplay vs. Swedish House Mafia – Every Teardrop Is A Waterfall
20. Florence & The Machine – You Got The Love (Mark Knight remix) / Swedish House Mafia – One
21. Axwell – Heart Is King / Swedish House Mafia – Save The World (Knife Party remix)
22. Swedish House Mafia – Save The World w/ Ferry Corsten – Punk (Arty remix)
As the lone AYNE representative at Electric Zoo this weekend it is my obligation to do a recap of the weekend. I will be putting up my favorite sets from this weekend. I missed Friday, but got over there Saturday right as Sander Van Doorn was ending and Dada Life was starting. Dada Life really set the pace for my weekend with a pretty incredible set so I’ll start with that..
The setlist is on the full soundcloud page. It was my first time seeing them and after this I will definitely be seeing them again ASAP.
After a short break at the main stage, Axwell was up and obviously did not disappoint. Set list coming shortly. After Axwell we made our way over to see the end of Aoki’s set which, naturally, was wild. Set list on soundcloud page.
Headed over to the main stage to close out Saturday with Above & Beyond, which was a great way to close and cool down. They played a progressive house set until the end where they had about 15 minutes of trance, which was nice. In the end, it’s all love.
On to Sunday…
Came in to catch Knife Party on Sunday. Naturally they got people raging extra hard, and followed the set with an informative talk about not letting your friends die there, which really helped boost morale… [Full Set Download]
This is only part of Tiesto’s set (about 30 minutes) followed by Pierce Fulton. Wish the whole Tiesto set was there, he had at least 4 tracks I’d never heard. Having seen the man 6 times I can say that this was up there with his best sets. Legendary.
Here’s one track Tiesto dropped that I hadn’t heard that I’m now a huge fan of:
Once I find a Skrillex set that will be going up as well. He threw down so hard that people were breaking bones.. true story
Hope everyone who went had a great (and safe) time. I’ll see you next year Randall’s Island. And…as a bonus, this is Wilki here adding one more set that I found quite impressive that many people have not been posting…idiots.