If you are trying to rage this weekend, we have just the mix for you. Filip Jenven is one of the numerous up-and-coming Swedish DJ/Producers and an AYNE favorite. He just released a banger called “Whompin” with friend Mike Perry on Laidback Luke’s label, Mix Mash, and it has been receiving high praise from DJs and fans alike. Check out his latest edition of “Bigroom Beats” and start the weekend off right.
1. Zedd – Spectrum (Deniz Koyu Remix) 2. Eva Simons – I Don’t Like You (Gal Abutbul & Michael Benda Extended Mix) 3. Dada Life – Feed The Dada (Original Mix) 4. Starkillers, Dmitry KO, Hard Rock Sofa, Swanky Tunes – Here We Light It Up (Starkillers and Dmitry KO Bootleg) 5. Fedde Le Grand & Nicky Romero feat. Matthew Koma – Sparks (Turn Off Your Mind) 6. Albin Myers – The Beast (Original_Mix) 7. Filip Jenven & Mike Perry vs. R3hab – Whompin My Love (Filip Jenven Mash) 8. Loleatta Holloway – Love Sensation (Starkillers & Dmitry KO Remix) 9. Alesso – Years (Vocal Extended Mix) 10. Calvin Harris feat. Example – We’ll Be Coming Back (Extended Mix) 11. Jed Harper, Dzeko, Torres – Diamond Rings (Michael Woods Edit) 12. Swanky Tunes – Blood Rush (Original Mix) 13. Dirty South & Alesso feat. Ruben Haze – City Of Dreams (Original Mix)
Laidback Luke’s label, Mix Mash, does this really cool this every now and then where they highlight some of the up-and-coming producers in a release called “The Ones To Watch.” Well, this go around, Filip Jenven and Mike Perry are on the release with a track called “Whompin,” which, in our opinion, is definitely the top track on the EP. Also, I gotta say, love the title…and second, this track is “da bomb.” And I’m talking the best play in NFL Blitz history da bomb. It was in Filip’s guest mix on our podcast awhile back in raw form, and now it’s officially ready to destroy dance floors everywhere. Ready to whomp?
Filip Jenven is a very well-rounded producer. He lift you up, make you feel a bit naughty, and of course, help you bring out your funky side. Here is his latest EP featuring two really nice “Ibiza approved” tracks for your enjoyment. If you can’t dance to these, then you have zero rhythm and there’s no hope for you. Try lessons…or just switch to country.
Filip Jenven – Disco Biscuit/Gotta Be [Natura Viva]
Make sure to use the Beatport link in the soundcloud player above to download the tracks.
I wish I was in Ibiza right now…and I’m sure I’m not alone in that. With the plethora of premier dance clubs featuring resident DJs such as Avicii (Ushuaia), Tiesto (Pacha), Swedish House Mafia (Ushuaia), and the legend, Eric Prydz (Amnesia), it is virtually impossible to take a night off. That said, there are tons of other well-known and up-and-coming DJs that are making big noise over on that little Spanish isle. One such Swede goes by the name of Filip Jenven. You may have listened to his guest mix on our first podcast (free download here). If you want to find out how this guy rolls in less than two minutes, check out the video below. It is him dropping his latest bootleg at Amnesia. Watch the reaction, and that should give you a nice preview of the Jenven effect.
And in case you were wondering where to find that mashup…Filip sent it to me about an hour ago. Come on, you didn’t think I was gonna leave you hanging…did you?
This mix features only the best house, tech, and disco house tracks from the top DJ/Producers in the game. It’s pure intention is to make you dance. Enjoy the funky baselines, groovy melodies, and soulful vocals and like a wise man once said, “make love to the night mothafucka…make love to the night.” Get all sorts of naughty!
1. Crazibiza – Everybody Dance (Original Mix)
2. Alex Kenji & Raven Maize vs. Avicii – Good Fascinated Feelings (eSQUIRE Bootleg)
3. Deadmau5 vs. Melleefresh – Hey Baby (Olav Basoski Remix)
4. Trent Cantrelle – Night Like This (Original Mix)
5. Futuristic Polar Bears vs. Pete Doyle – Move That Body (Lissat & Voltaxx Remix)
6. Lissat & Voltaxx vs. Marc Fisher feat. Vanessa Ekpenyong – I Can’t Get Enough (Dan Price Remix)
7. Jesse Voorn & Pink Fluid – Simply Magic (Fine Touch Remix)
8. Cevin Fisher & Seamus Haji – I Love The Music (Manuel De La Mare & Alex Kenji Remix)
9. Nikola Vujicic – She Was Made For Dancin’ (Mike Newman Remix) w/ Swedish House Mafia vs. Lauer & Canard – Dancin’ Is The Antidote (DJ MiLi 2012 Mashup)
10. Rogerseventytwo – You Take Me Higher (Geisha Twins Remix)
11. Roman d’Amour – Make Love Tonight (Lifelike Re-Edit)
12. Joey Chicago – So In Love (Original Mix)
13. Oliver Twizt – Love Trip (Olav Basoski Mix)
14. Viceroy – No Ending (Justin Faust Remix)
15. Alex Kenji & Federico Scavo – Just 4 You (Original Mix)
16. Malente & Treasure Fingers – Crusaders (Original Mix)
17. TJR – Funky Vodka (Original Mix) w/ TJR – Funky Vodka (No Body Bootleg)
18. B-Sensual & No!end – Dancin’ (Original Mix)
19. eSQUIRE vs. SOS Band – Do It Tonight (eSQUIRE Discoloop Bootleg)
20. Truelove – Rock The Casbah (Original Mix)
21. Tradelove – All Right (Original Mix)
22. Hardsoul feat. Ron Carroll – Back Together (Crazibiza Remix)
23. Filip Jenven – Dancing With Charlie (Original Mix)
24. Thomas Geel – In My House (Original Mix)
25. Tristan Garner & Gregori Klosman – Fuckin’ Down (Original Mix)
26. Bastian Van Shield – Nobody (Original Mix)_
27. Avicii – Sweet Dreams (Nonpopstar Remix)
28. Sebastian Drums & Niles Mason – French Rules (Muzzaik Remix)
29. Avicii – My Feelings For You (Original Mix)
30. Phonat – Set Me Free (Avicii Remix)
One of the most underrated and overlooked Swedish producers (well, not amongst DJ circles) in the game is taking 2012 by storm! Filip Jenven is a name that you need to know if house music is your thing…well just simply good music in general. His two song release, “Another Funky EP,” is out on Beaport via Loudbit Records, and it is definitely a personal favorite of mine. Just love it when producers get funky with it.
Filip Jenven – Another Funky EP [Beaport Link] Out now on Loudbit Records!
Filip has been hard at work, whether in the booth or in the studio, tech or progressive, he is straight fuego. His newest production is a collaboration with Ludvig Holm and is called “Overblow,” which seems to be something that many of us have struggled with once or twice…usually it ends with the words “never again” in some form of the fetal position…or jail…one of the two. In all seriousness though, this track is one of those songs you hear when you walk into the club and immediately feel sexy. The sax melody and baseline combined for one dangerously hypnotizing groove. Get ready to show off those dance moves ladies.
PREVIEW: Ludvig Holm & Filip Jenven – Overblow (Original Mix)
RELEASE DATE: 05.16.2012
Make sure to support this up-and-coming artist buy purchasing his music via Beatport! Oh, and if you happen to be in Ibiza or Sweden this summer, make sure to catch him live…I hear it’s magical.